If you love the crisp and crunchy nature of bagel, you would want to have a taste of one of its best home baked bagel. This recipe is simple to prepare and will be ready quite on time to enjoy your lunch. Below is a home-baked bagel recipe you can try.
- 1 egg white
- 2 quarts of water
- Bread flour (3 ½ cups)
- Salt (½ ounce)
- Sugar (1½ ounces)
- 2 packets of yeast
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Sesame seeds
- Garlic or dried onion
Note: You mustn’t have all these ingredients to make your tasty. Things like cinnamon, raisins, and sesame seeds are optional. So, if you don’t have them your baked bagel will still taste great.
- Pour sugar and yeast into a warm water and leave for about 3 minutes
- Sprinkle a little amount of salt into 2 cups of flour and stir properly in a bowl. After stirring, pour it into the yeast mixture and stir again. If you have raisins and cinnamon, add them into the mixture.
- Once thick enough rub or press the mixture smoothly on a surface as you occasionally add more flour to get the desired texture.
- Then keep the dough into a large greased bowl and cover until it rises. Remove and share the dough into 12 different rolls.
- Open the dough at the center with a thrust of your thumb. Afterward, preheat your grill or stove to about 3400 F to get it ready for baking.
- Use cookie sheets to wrap the dough and keep for about 8 minutes. Then put about 3 shaped bagels in the heated water. Turn the bagels after a minute to get the desired baking result.
- When they are shiny and golden brown, you can remove and place the next set. After baking all the bagels, place them in a large bowl and allow them to cool before serving with any other sauce of your choice.